Saturday, September 20, 2008

"Mistress of the Art of Death"

A novel by Ariana Franklin set in the 1100's. England has a serial killer. His victims are small children. They have suffered dispicable injuries. A well known "detective" is brought from Salerno and along with him comes a "doctor of death." Not only is "she" a doctor but she's interested in the dead and studies their bodies. Since being a woman doctor is not accepted in England she brings another male friend to pretend to be the doctor and she the assistant. Like reading a 12th century Patricia Cornwell novel. The story line was good but I wasn't overly thrilled with the style of writing. I found it difficult to read without finding myself drifting and having to re-read different sections. I was glad to finish it and move on to something else. Today is all about some chores and keeping off my very sore feet.

No comments: