Friday, September 19, 2008

First paycheck

Well if it's any indication of what's to come then I'm in trouble! I got my first paycheck today. The hourly rate was wrong and I was short 16 hours. When I asked about it I was told that they'd straighten it out by the next check which is two weeks away. We're talking $300. Why would I want to wait that long for that kind of money. Why do they think I took the job? It was my day to walk around with the zone manager to learn the layout of the land. I bet I walked 4-5 miles. I was dragging my butt out of there this afternoon in tears. Finally made the decision to go to the foot doctor to do something about the heel spur. Painful shot can't be as bad as the last two weeks of agony. Tomorrow is my first day off in 9 days and I'm thinking it will be good to just soak in a tub for about 4 hours. Back to real estate on Sunday for a change.

Still trying to get through my latest book. Not something I'm really enjoying even though it's an historic fiction. Hopefully I'll wrap it up tonight if I don't fall asleep first. Philippa Gregory has a new one out which I have to get my hands on. She never lets me down.

The grandchildren are here for an overnight. Nice to spend some time with them.

No comments: