Saturday, September 13, 2008

Neurologist

I had a bunch of appointments this week during around my hectic new job training. Felt like I was running to and fro. Yesterday was a trip to a neurologist. My "essential tremor" has gotten really bad and is now spread from the right hand to the left. I could somewhat control it until earlier this year and it seemed to get worse in February which was also the time I had the neck surgery. The surgeon assured me that the surgery wouldn't affect my tremor. Funny, the neurologist told me it can and most likely did. I've never spent an hour and a half with a doctor before (unless he had me in surgery). This guy was thorough. He had a full page of hand written notes till he got done and did a bunch of tests. First thing is to go back on the non-generic brand of medication I was taking before the insurance company insisted that I take something cheaper. After I take this for about two weeks I'll make a determination as to whether it is improved or not. If not there's another drug that I can take that will hopefully help. This one will probably make me feel like I've been drinking a lot. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm! Now I know why my brother doesn't have as bad a tremor as I do. He does drink a lot! I'm grateful that my children haven't inherited the tremor which I inherited from my grandfather on my mother's side. Unfortunately the doctor mentioned that just because they haven't shown signs of it yet that they could possibly have it happen as they get older. Sorry guys! I just want to get to the point that I don't slop my soup down my front. I'm close to needing a big spoon for everything I eat now.

One more day of off-site training in Harrisburg and then it's all on the job. I'll be glad not to have the drive anymore. I haven't had a chance to go to the real estate office for two weeks. How quickly it's become unimportant!

I was checking for comments on my blog and discovered one that was written when I blogged about Barbara Kyle's book "The Queen's Lady." The author herself wrote one! Wow! Glad I gave her a good review!

2 comments:

Geoff said...

Keep us posted about the tremor. Hopefully the find a med that can fix it up.

And watch those surgeons. A friend of ours had a nerve pinch in her neck and doctors tried to fix it. Instead they ruined her entire nerve and gave her sciatica and partially paralyzed her shoulders and neck.

You should link this post to your old one so people can click right to it and see. You open your post with the comment, copy the URL including http://, open your current post to edit it, highlight the word you want to serve as the link, and then click the little hyperlink icon at the top of the text box in Blogger. Past the URL there and it creates a link on the words.

fernie said...

Are you available for computer work? I'm computered out now from all the training!