Monday, October 27, 2008

Coffee fix

We discovered yesterday that our year old coffee pot had bit the dust. Disposable electronics! We had three old ones that I have no idea why we had kept but they all went out to the garbage pickup this morning. We had a French press that we used for yesterday's and today's consumption but we headed off to the local (25 miles) Sam's Club. Of course while you're there to buy a coffee pot you have to get coffee, some meat, some pens, a couple of books, a shirt and then there was the $40 annual fee that we needed to renew. We decided on a one cup at a time Cuisinart. A little more than we wanted to spend but then maybe it would last a little longer than a year. Got home and put all the goodies away and got the coffee maker out of the box. I decided to read the instructions which I never do and followed them to the tee. After a call to their service number we were told to reset it by unplugging it and waiting an hour. If it didn't work then; take it back to the store. Well, it's back in the box and tomorrow hubby will make the 50 mile round trip to return it to Sam's. The dilemma is whether to try another just like it or just go somewhere else and get another kind. Decisions, decisions! I'm so tired of having to replace everything so quickly. I think we've had 10 microwaves over the years. Crockpots? I've lost track! Electric shavers? Every year! Televisions? Too numerous to mention. Cell phones? Oh my! I must say...I've had the same alarm clock for about 25 years. Guess I just jinxed that one. Suggestions for a coffee maker are welcome.

No comments: