Saturday, October 18, 2008

"The Secret Life of Bees"

I read this book sometime ago and they've just released it as a movie. The author was Sue Monk Kidd. I kidnapped my granddaughter and we went to see it this afternoon. Exceptional! I had forgotten enough from the book that I wasn't ready for everything that was happening so it made it even better. The actresses were superb. Young Dakota Fanning did a wonderful job as usual. She's the main character who is living in the south in 1964. Her mother is dead and she's surviving under a roof with a less than loving father. Civil rights is the topic everywhere. I can't say more or it would ruin it. This is a must see movie and bring your hankies! Great to have a girl's day with the granddaughter. Don't get many of those chances anymore.

No comments: