Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Foot stuff

The year started with my neck problems and I've worked my way down to my feet. The foot thing happened in January but was minor compared to what was going on with the herniated disk in my neck. Now that I spend so much time on my feet, I definitely needed to do something to alleviate the issue. It is definitely plantar fasciitis (heel spur) that is causing the problem. I got a good explanation from the doctor on what causes it and what cures it. No cortizone shot which was a relief to me. I had to get a night splint which holds the foot in the walking position while I sleep or sit for long periods of time. I also had to come home and dig out my orthodic inserts that the foot doctor made for me 17 years ago. Apparently being flat footed is a major cause of this problem. God knows, I'm as flat footed as a person can be. I also bought a pair of Crocs since they're recommended to help, too. I love this foot doctor! He did bunionectomies on both of my feet back in 1991 and made walking possible again until this recent heel spur thing. He's confident that I'll be good as new soon.

No comments: