Monday, November 24, 2008

Strange

It's strange. Even though I'm not hosting Thanksgiving Dinner, I'm still obsessing about it. Woke up in the middle of the night worrying that since there are more people coming this year that there might not be enough stuffing and turkey. I'm used to over planning so there are leftovers for everyone but with the count now being up in the 20's I'm losing my confidence about having enough for all. And then there's the ham. I have to admit there are some huge eaters coming and it will seem like there are 30 some people there. I couldn't get a 30 pound turkey this year. I'll be lucky to get a 24 or 25 pounder. With a tray full of extra thighs, I'm hoping to make up for it being smaller. So many prefer the dark meat anyway. Spent my afternoon chopping onions and crying. Then there was all the celery to chop, too. I'm trying to get a lot of it done early so my weird work hours won't be an issue. I'm actually headed to work for just two and half hours tonight. I thought the 3 hours and 45 minutes shifts were a drag. This is insane. I think I'm getting punished for getting the assistant manager in trouble for hitting me. Pay backs! Next week when I'm headed in there for 5 days, 3 of which start at 6:00 am and last 9 hours I'll probably be wishing it was one of those 3 hour days.

No comments: