Friday, November 21, 2008

Wally Lamb




I've read Wally Lamb novels before and enjoyed them. His new one, "The Hour I First Believed" is very interesting but very depressing. I'm only about half way through but so much has happened to the female character that I feel the need for the Xanax or Valium that she ends up dependent on. It starts with the tragedy of Columbine High School and continues on with Post Traumatic Stress and the horrors that one woman suffers. If you're a fan of Lamb, you'll definitely want to read it. You might want to break it up with something a little light to help the tension.

Plans are in the works for the Thanksgiving festivities. Not many step children this year but my daughter's in-laws are coming and so is my son's mother-in-law. We'll miss the rest of our family and hope they are having a good time wherever they are. This Christmas will be a mixed event. My step son in Hawaii is returning with his wife for the holiday. Unfortunately we found out that my step daughter and her family are moving to Washington state in the spring. It will be the last we'll all be together for quite some time. Hopefully the oldest will put in a showing and we can all be together for a group picture. I've always wanted to see the great northwest and now will be our chance if we could afford that trip. Maybe on our way to Alaska some day.

1 comment:

Blended-Families.com said...

I love holidays and great moments with the family. The planning, the shopping, the cooking, the partying... even the stress that comes with it. You sure sound like your hands will be full in the next weeks.