Sunday, December 7, 2008

Happy 80th Birthday, Uncle!




Took an hour and half drive to attend an 80th birthday party for my last surviving uncle on my father's side. Boy did they get him good! He was totally surprised. Not only were a hundred people waiting to yell surprise but his son was there from Colorado to surprise him even more. The biggest turn out of cousins that I've seen in years that didn't involve a sad event. Naturally in two and a half hours everyone was ready to leave. Don't know what it is about them that they feel the need to pack up and rush out. Stopped and did a little Christmas shopping at my favorite Polish Pottery shop in my home town on the way through. My friend from Michigan got lucky!

Waiting for the latest Dean Koontz book. Was hoping it would be in the mail yesterday but no such luck. Keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow. In the meantime I guess I'll start the latest Belva Plain book.

The tree is decorated and we got a dusting of snow on Saturday to make me holiday ready. Now all I have to do is get motivated to shop. Well, there's the other thing..........$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Got some good ideas for gifts, I hope.

No comments: