Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!




I finished Patricia Cornwell's "Scarpetta." I must admit that it's an improvement over her last 5 or so novels. Except for the fact that she and her niece, Lucy, were rather forgiving of her former side kick, Marino, after his faux pas in the last novel it was written very well. Her commercials bet the reader that they wouldn't be able to guess the ending, but I did. The murder was of a "little person" and the suspect was her "little person" boyfriend. They had a fixation with Kay Scarpetta and she came to New York to work the crime scene and the bodies of both the dead girl and the suspect. Kay has left the south and moved to Boston with her now husband, Benton Wesley. Her niece has also moved from the south and taken up residence in NYC. Marino is now working for the D.A. of NYC as an investigator. Hopefully this means that Patricia Cornwell is back on track!

No big plans tonight! I worked till closing at the new job and hubby made a trip to the grocery for some crab legs and steaks. YUMMO! Since I work tomorrow I have to not stay up too late tonight. I'm sure we'll make it till midnight.

I got a piece of mail from my insurance lady. She is now my least favorite person in the world. I did not need the reminder that I had reached the 59 1/2 age and am now eligible to draw out my pension without penalty. Gee, thanks for that lovely reminder! Talk about pouring salt in the wound.

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year!

No comments: