Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Spent most of the day working the part time job and now everything is locked up tight and I'm home getting ready to start cooking for tomorrow's feast. WIth a little luck maybe no one will notice that there is only one small bowl of cranberry sauce. Whoops! Every year I go through the same worries. Did I forget something in the food line that I should have had or did I forget to get a gift for someone. Then I worry that everyone will like what they get. Oh my! Our Hawaii son and his wife are coming tomorrow afternoon and we're really excited. The whole family is anticipating his return. Every minute of his time here will be taken up by different family members trying to steal a few more minutes with him. I have to make due with tomorrow since I was put on the schedule for work on Friday and will be leaving the house mid morning. By the time I return he'll be gone! Lining up having everyone home for the holidays in the future will be even more difficult with our daughter moving to Washington state this summer. Two kids so far away will be hard to plan around.

Broke down and got Patricia Cornwell's "Scarpetta." Sounds like it might be better than her last 5 or so. Anyway, we'll see!

No comments: