Saturday, March 21, 2009

Head Cold

My Hubby gave me a not very nice gift. He came down with a head cold the middle of the week and I got it yesterday. I tried to sleep most of today but I kept getting calls so I just gave up and made myself some chicken soup. I don't know if it helped but it was rather yummy. Got a refrigerator full of leftovers. I was a trooper, though, and marched myself into work this evening and did my job with a box of tissues at hand. I'll be back there again tomorrow!

Today was my Granddaughter's 14 birthday and with her busy schedule and my illness I wasn't able to see her. Her gift is her TEXTing which is on my cell phone plan so it's an ongoing thing so it doesn't show up in a pretty present with a bow and therefore it's sad that I don't feel I'm making her day special. I'm sure she had a great day but I miss those days when celebrations included the old folks. Oh well! I remember being 14 vividly. Very special year in my life. Met my first and only high school boyfriend who I spent the next 4 years with. Came across albums from those days recently and was taken back to that time. He was a special person and still missed. He died about 7 years ago. I can only assume it was from a heart problem but I don't know for sure. Anyway, I found out my Granddaughter has her first boyfriend now and I can only hope she has special memories of him someday the way that I do all these many years later. Happy Birthday, my precious Dewie!

Not making much headway in the reading department. I'm working on "Sashenka" by Simon Montefiore. So far, so good. Just hard to read when you're head is pounding with sinus problems.

No comments: