Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Out on the street again.......




My real estate office is closing it's doors tomorrow. It used to be the best agency around and then it sold to a big corporation and was put in the hands of a PA company to be managed. Needless to say with the economy in the toilet so is the office. My choices are to go to their other office further north and I just don't want to do it. They're rushing us to clear out our desk and head to the new office so that we don't have time to be called by other companies. I'm hoping someone would call so I don't have to make the move out of the area I'm comfortable in. The office that they want us in is so crowded that we'll probably have to sit 5 to a desk. I really have nothing much to move out of my desk. I never moved anything back into this office when I came back there a year and a half ago. I think most everything can go in the trash.

I finished reading "Lethal Legacy" by Linda Fairstein. It's her newest novel and one of her ongoing sequels. Same characters: The DA Alexandra Cooper and her side kicks, detectives, Mercer and Mike are on the trail of book thieves this time. They're stealing from New York Public Library and their collection of rare books. Apparently a lot of famous people have left books and maps of great wealth for many generations to this library. It was a great who dunit. I did read about men who were so into their books that they actually built mausoleums to house them and their books after their dead. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

No comments: