Thursday, April 30, 2009

Day off with Hubby

Even though I wasn't anxious to read another Carol Higgins Clark, I ended up reading her latest. "Cursed" was another of her "okay" novels but nothing gripping. They are fast reads because they have short chapters. Once again the main character is Regan Reilly and she's in pursuit of another bad guy as a private investigator. I'm not even going to post a link. I'm happy that I have the new Elizabeth Berg novel on the way to me and also the latest James Patterson and Harlan Corbin so I'm hoping they get here today.

I'm so ready for a change of shifts. Every night this week has been a nightmare at work. My coverage for dinner last night was a woman who was taken off my job when I was hired because she couldn't do the job. Immediately upon getting there she screws up a return and I was up to my eyeballs with other problems and had to juggle three problems at once. It would have been better if they would have just kept her away and I would have gotten through things smoother. At least I get a break today but then it's another week and a half of closings. I dread seeing what the next schedule has in store for me.

No comments: