Saturday, May 9, 2009

Limping again

I've really done the old heel spur in now. It's erupted into an even more painful situation than I originally suffered from when I started this new job. I've been so busy that I can't sit at all and all these hours on my feet have taken their toll. I have to get back to the podiatrist. Now I just have to try to fit that into my schedule.



I finished "Boneman's Daughters" by Ted Dekker. On the nightmare scale, I'd give him an 8 out of 10. Started out with Ryan Evans, intelligence officer, captured in Iraq and suffering torture until his escape. It's a life altering time and he's determined to come home and make it up to his daughter and wife for all the time he's spent away from them. Home is Austin, Texas where a serial killer had been disrupting their peaceful existence by kidnapping young women and killing them in a most unusual way. The Boneman is looking for the perfect daughter! Do we see a connection here? The book is filled with manipulation and control. I found Dekker good enough to read again!

No comments: