Monday, May 11, 2009

New Author; good read

I've never read Lisa Scottoline before but I enjoyed her novel "Look Again." Main character Ellen Gleeson checks her mail and sees a postcard with "have you seen this child." The picture is eerily like her adopted son. Instead of throwing it in the trash she is drawn to investigating since she's a reporter. She never expected what happened to her. Yes, she thought she would lose her son if he were really the child on the postcard but she never expected the danger.

Mother's Day was wonderful! The only downside was not seeing my daughter on the day but I got to spend hours with my son, one on one. We went to the farmer's market in Baltimore, had lunch in a French Bistro, snooped around some antique shops and then some old book shops (yippee). We went back to his place and planted the flowers and in the huge pot I got him for his 40th birthday coming up this week. Yes, flowers for my son. He lives in a house with sidewalk and patio pavers and no ground to plant in. He and his wife like to cheer up the neighborhood with flowers. Anyway, we planted the "planter" and then had an afternoon of conversation. It was lovely! Today I had lunch with my daughter and even though it wasn't for as long a period of time it was very nice to have her to myself! Thanks to both my children for making my Mother's Day special!!

No comments: