Monday, May 25, 2009

Still waiting

My brother still lies in a coma. They reported that overnight he did open his eyes several times but that apparently is just a reflex action. That's more than before. He is apparently suffering from a lung infection (possibly MRSA??) that he probably got while in the hospital several weeks ago and the effects were masked by his daily use of Tylenol and aspirin. This cut his oxygen intake so drastically that by last Wednesday his personality was affected and then he went into the seizures and coma. Now they are treating the infection but what is left of my brother? I'm headed to Kentucky on Thursday to join up with my older brother and other family members. His oldest daughter who has been estranged from him has asked to ride with me. She will be meeting her two younger half brothers for the first time under the worst of circumstances.

I finished another used bookstore treasure. This one is "The Dive from Clausen's Pier" by Ann Packer. I really enjoyed it but to tell much about it would ruin it for the reader. I guess all I can say is that 23 year old Carrie Bell is left with major decisions after an accident that changed her life and relationship with her long time boyfriend, Mike. She's searching for a career, and more than that...her self.

No comments: