Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Good news

My trip to visit my brother ended up happy instead of sad. Not that there weren't sad times. We weren't sure what to expect and what was happening for the first few days but now he's making progress. There were times when I was there that we were hopeful that he might be coming out of it and starting to focus and now it seems he has. Since I've come home he's nodded his head in answer to questions, squeezed hands, and even waved his fingers at his wife. So much better than when we first got there last Thursday morning. I'm so glad his daughter went with me. She got to meet her half brothers for the first time and seemed very pleased. They are a couple of characters who made a difficult time light hearted when they could. Wish I could have stayed a couple more days to share in the joy but his daughter had to get home to the kids and I had to get back to work. If all goes well, maybe we can go see a fully recovered brother someday soon.

No comments: