Saturday, July 18, 2009

My last days of being in my fifties.....

I'm in the last week of my 50's. On Sunday I turn the dreaded 60. How do you celebrate turning 60. Cry! Scream! Get depressed! Face it head on! Unfortunately none of these are going to stop it from happening.




I just read "Plainsong" by Kent Haruf. I was very similar to reading an Elizabeth Berg novel. A handful of characters and a chapter devoted here and there to that character. From the 17 year old girl who finds herself pregnant and thrown out of her home to the young boys who's mother has suffered some kind of breakdown and left them to live far away. The weaving of this story was very good. If I run across any more of Kent Haruf's books in a used bookstore, I will definitely pick them up and take them home. That's how I got this one.

No comments: