Friday, July 24, 2009

tick tock

Coming to the rescue of a screwed up scheduler at work has given me two 10 1/2 hour days. What would have been just two regular days has gotten me full time plus this week. Why do I do these stupid things? Why is my work ethic so much stronger than my co-workers who if they can't have a day off that they request they simply call in sick and take it? I requested three days off next week to enjoy a little relaxation after turning 60 but was turned down. Too many others had requested that time and therefore I'm on the schedule. They did give me the early shift so I can get home relatively early for a couple of those days.

Tomorrow is the big party. I requested the small, intimate family thing and my daughter keeps telling me that I ruined the surprise by doing that and she had to cancel everybody else. She's not fooling me for a minute. She asked for all my cousins' email addresses recently on the premise that she wanted to give them a heads up for the upcoming fall reunion. Yea! I was born yesterday! I got a birthday card yesterday from one who apparently won't make the party tomorrow and there was cash in the card. Our whole lives we've never sent birthday cards to one another and yet out of the blue here comes a b-day card with cash. No, I'm sure it's got nothing to do with tomorrow's party! I know more than they think....and I'm cleaning the guest room and the rest of the house in the morning since I suspect that I just might have a visitor staying for a few days. I also know exactly what my husband is giving me for a gift. He ordered through the catalog that just happened to have me as the recipient and when he gave them the codes on the catalog my information came up and therefore a shipping receipt was sent to my email telling me exactly what he had ordered and when it would arrive. A coupon arrived that same day giving us an additional $20 off a $100 order so I contacted the company and requested the discount on my gift. Hubby doesn't know yet that I saved him that $20. I just hope I get to use that beautiful new fishing reel by going fishing sometime soon. Sure do miss those family vacations! That would have been the best birthday gift! Anyway, I'm really appreciative that the kids want to throw this party for me and even though I've been in the dumps lately, I'll try my best to be "SURPRISED" tomorrow at the appropriate time.

No comments: