Saturday, August 1, 2009

Back to Florida

My older brother headed back to Florida this morning. I had to work at 5:45 am so he got up to hug me goodbye before I left at 5:05. It was a very sad time! I hate to see him leave. I had hoped for some extra days with him but since it didn't happen we tried to fit a lot into what we had. One day we took him to Bass Pro Store and it cost him about $1400 to get out the door. More shopping later in the week added a few more hundred to his losses. Yesterday we had a mixed day of emotions. We went to see our only surviving Uncle on my Father's side and surprised him with my brother's visit. He's quite fond of my Aunt and they had a good time teasing one another. They are now 80 and I thought it would be a good thing for him to have that visit. I had hoped to also get to see the only Uncle on my Mother's side but we didn't get that fit in. We had to attend a viewing last night of a childhood acquaintance who happened to be the brother of our younger brother's ex-wife. We felt it was necessary to go for our niece and nephew's sake. In with the sadness there was some happiness. We got to see quite a few old friends that we hadn't seen in more years than either of us wants to admit. Anyway, he's on the road now headed south. Sure hope we can get together again soon without it being for a sad event.

Not getting a lot of reading done. I took up my crochet hook and am trying to get a baby gift out of the way. Bad time of year to be making an afghan. HOT!

Breaking down and getting direct TV on Tuesday. I found out I can eliminate our second phone line and end up saving about $40 on the phone/direct TV combo. Still no high speed internet available. Sure wish I could have bundled the three things together. At least we won't have to fool around with the stupid converter boxes anymore. We've missed so much TV with the pixeling that happens with those stupid boxes. We're headed to the age of electronics!

No comments: