Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Entering a new era

We were forced to sign up for Direct TV. After years of avoiding cable, we've been forced by the government to go another route other than the old fashioned TV antenna. The stupid converter box that we had to start using in June did nothing but pixelate (?) ever since we were forced to start using it. If it rained we lost channels. If the wind blew we lost channels. If the sun was shining we lost channels. Stupid! Being forced to pay for something which we've managed to do without for all these years. Now we're hooked up to 200 plus channels and it's overwhelming. I can just see us sticking to the old standby channels that we're used to watching. NBC, CBS and ABC. I was hoping for high speed internet but that can't happen where we live. Unbelievable! If we decide to upgrade our television we'll have to pay to upgrade our dish and box. Another ripoff! Oh for the old days!

We celebrated our 31st wedding anniversary yesterday. Wow! 31 years that just flew by. We didn't spring for gifts. I got enough for my big birthday last week and I didn't need anything else. Dinner out was the plan. We decided on The Left Bank in York. The food was good but the prices were sky high. We ate cheaper in Paris where the real Left Bank is then in this restaurant. I really wanted to go back to Michael's in Timonium. We were there a week ago with my brother for his birthday and I fell in love with their seafood club sandwich. Been dreaming about another and thought we might go there for the anniversary dinner. We would have gotten better service and a special dessert for our anniversary. No dessert offered at The Left Bank. Back to the anniversary! We eloped! Yes, just headed to the courthouse in Maryland during lunch to pick up our license and decided to go get a ring and head back and get it over with. No frills! I was wearing a peach jumpsuit and Hubby was decked out in polyester double knit. We went from there to his house and shared a root beer and then headed to PA to pick up my kids and break the news to all concerned. Everyone took the news well except my son who was upset he didn't get to wear his new suit.

No comments: