Sunday, August 30, 2009

Poor brother

Like my elder brother and I haven't experienced enough heartache this summer but to top it off his house was robbed this week. Homeowners insurance in Florida is a rarity since the hurricanes have made it impossible to have it. A lot of people were cancelled and he was one. So nothing that was lost will be covered except his one purchase that we made at Bass Pro Store in July when he was here. Fortunately I put it on a Visa card and it has purchase protection. With luck we can recover at least one of his loses. His laptop, camera, GPS, many guns, tools, etc. are gone. I feel so sad for him. They went through all his drawers and dumped them. They definitely knew what they were looking for.

On a lighter note......41 years ago I met a great girl when I started my first real grown up job in corporate America. We were just newly turned 19 and we hit if off wonderfully. I soon discovered I was pregnant with my first child and didn't stay on that job for very long but we stayed friends. She came to visit quite often and we've kept in touch over the years. Not seeing each other a lot but when we do we make up for the years in between. She came yesterday early evening and stayed overnight till around noon. What a great visit it was. I'm hoping we get to make a trip to her place in the near future. It's a nice drive to Cumberland, MD.

Finally getting the training as a bookkeeper at work. They dragged their feet but I managed to get a couple days worth of work in the vault. Of course they aren't scheduling me in there for at least the next few weeks so I'll probably forget everything I learned. I've been managing to work at least 40 hours lately but I noticed they're trying to cut that, too. My latest schedule is on 26 hours. Can't remember how long it's been since I had such short hours. I was hoping for more since vacation is in a few weeks and the money would have been nice.

Almost done with my latest book.

No comments: