Friday, September 18, 2009

Dirty, rotten, no good..........

My day in bookkeeping went fairly well. My new schedule has me returning to the "desk" after vacation. Apparently the part time bookkeeping job is only 16 hours a week which is not near enough hours for me. I'm hoping one of the assistant managers will go to bat for me and see if I can get more time in the vault. She realized that I haven't been properly trained and if I'm going to have keys and codes then she feels I should have more. Hope she's successful because it sure is frustrating. I work hard, offer to fill in when needed, cover other people's hours when they call off, and have never missed anytime except when my brother passed away.

Another long day at work then vacation. I'd like to just sit throughout the whole thing since I know that is what my feet need to get better. It was so much better today when I was able to sit during my job instead of stand. I didn't come limping home like I usually do. Unfortunately it's 3:45 am and I still haven't fallen asleep. I've tried all the usuals. Breathing, counting sheep, etc. Nothing! I'm sure it's just anticipation of going away and the frustration of things changing at work.

I'm hot and heavy into the Clive Cussler book. Very hard to put it down so at least I'm filling my sleepless hours with good reading.

No comments: