Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A different kind of book




I always read Dean Koontz so when his latest, "A Big Little Life" came out, of course I got it. It's a memoir to his late Golden Retriever named Trixie. Most of his book jackets for the last 10 years or so have pictured him with a Golden and even before that he's written about such wonder dogs. Apparently after years of having no pets he and his wife got a dog from an organization in California that trains service dogs. Trixie was doing that until an injury to her "elbow" kept her from returning to that job and therefore needed a home. The Koontz household became the home for this phenom. No other words to describe this animal. I've had pets before but I feel that I've been cheated out of the experience that they had with theirs. Maybe when you are childless and have pets then it's a different experience. Anyway, if you're one of those people who live your life through your pet then you will want to read this one.

No comments: