Saturday, November 14, 2009

Short stories



As I've said....I'm not a fan of shortstories but John Grisham's new book is wonderful. "Ford County" is filled with stories about a southern town in Ford County. Lots of stories that are so John Grisham! Definitely one to pick up and enjoy.

My hubby and I decided to go out to eat and we headed to Maryland to a restaurant we hadn't been to in 20 years. I went there 40 years ago and other than an addition to accommodate the waiting crowds and a gift shop, it's the same. Friendly Farms Restaurant is an all you can eat place. You order your "meat" choice and then they bring the old fashioned farm goodies for as long as you can eat them. Just one serving of the meat but everything else keeps coming. Been in business for 50 years. Don't think we'll wait another 20 years till we go back.

No comments: