Saturday, December 12, 2009

Two more books

I need to finish two more books to make 60 for this year. I feel I've fallen behind a bit but after all there is this crazy job I'm working that keeps getting in the way of my addiction.

I went to a Holiday buffet today at my friend/former client's vineyard. She's the one who I sold the house to and then helped plant the grapes vines and harvest the grapes for many years. In fact, it's about 16 years now. She called me ages ago and asked me to get ready to list her house and then when I showed up with the numbers she decided to sell it herself. Well, just as I was once again ready to hang up my real estate license she has dangled the carrot and told me that she's having no luck selling it herself and that she will be listing with me soon. I really hate to pay out that fortune in dues that needs to be paid by the end of this year on a promise. I only stayed a couple of hours at the party since I had to come to work tonight. Hubby was working the early shift so he didn't get to go at all. Her buffet was a little disappointing. She usually puts out a nicer spread but I guess it was her ex-husband who did the majority of the cooking when they were still together. If I wouldn't have showed up with a cheese cake she wouldn't have had a dessert. I make more for Hubby and I for a regular meal then she had for about 20 people. Hope no more showed up after I left or they will be sadly disappointed.

The tree is up but not decorated. Can't seem to get to it. Boxes of decorations are sitting all over the floor but they need some magic to make it to the tree. I did get some shopping done but the gift cards I bought were supposed to down load to my computer for printing and they didn't do it. Now I guess I have to cancel them and re-purchase so I can have them sent to the house instead. What a bunch of hooey! Still have quite a few on my list to buy for. I think I'm off tomorrow so maybe I can get some more of it done.

No comments: