Saturday, December 19, 2009

Geez Louise!

I'm the first one to want a ton of snow but this could be more than even I asked for. It was to start later today but when I got up this morning there is already 5 inches on the ground. Hubby is at work doing an early shift and I was scheduled for the closing shift. Doomed! Six more hours of this and I'll never get out and he'll not get back. The possibility of more than a foot of snow. Maryland may get two! Normally I would be doing back flips but not when a loved one is out there in it.

Our new chairs came yesterday and I was suspicious right from the start when I realized that one of the boxes was open. Sure enough; magic marker on both arms of one chair. My son-in-law picked them up for me to save the delivery charge and now I have to deal with the store to get another one in and pick it up. I'm not sure that I like sitting in them. They're pretty but I think we settled. My hubby knows that it's his fault we're getting these new chairs so I'm waiting for him to say that he's sorry he got them. I know it's coming!




I finished Lauren Willig's "The Temptation of the Night Jasmine." It's another sequel. Eloise is doing research for her thesis and has picked the Victorian Age spy, The Pink Carnation. Her now boyfriend is the owner of tons of diaries and letters from that era and his ancestors were spies. Through her research she provides an ongoing story of the current spy. Two stories in one. Eloise and Colin's relationship and in this one Duchess and Duke Dovedale. It's a fun historical novel.

No comments: