Thursday, January 14, 2010

The devastation

I'm just so overwhelmed by the earthquake devastation in Haiti. I just want to grab those little ones and bring them home and take care of them. Darn! I'm just so old! We'll, I guess a check will have to do but I do so wish I could do more.



I finished Anita Diamant's "The Last Days of Dogtown." It was about a small town in New England that disappeared in the early 1800's. Not the poof, you're gone disappearing. Just the lack of anyone wanting to keep living there. Poverty was the key factor. Apparently only the dregs of society were left there. Diamant covered the characters as they one by one left or died off. Very good book.

I had a 11 hour day again today. I'm glad for the full time hours but I know that as soon as they hire their quota, they'll drop my hours back to minimum. Sure hope they have a few good weeks yet. I know I'm scheduled for another 3 weeks of 40 hours so the bank account will be happy. Got up at 3 so I'm slightly out of it. Hope I can last through "The Mentalist." Love that show!

No comments: