Sunday, February 28, 2010

A discovery




When going through my stack of books to read, I happened upon another Elizabeth Berg book which I can't for the life of me figure out how I missed reading. What a find since this has been such a slow period for my favorite authors and their lack of being published. March is looking up with some new ones on the horizon.

This Berg book is "Say When" and once again, I love her! She makes the main character a contented husband and father who all of the sudden has his life pulled out from under him when his wife announces she wants a divorce. She's found someone new and he just doesn't do it for her. In fact, he never has. The ups and downs the author puts him through are.......well what can I say.......typical Elizabeth Berg. I wish she wrote more because now I'm truly saddened. I have no more of her books.

We were to have another blast of winter but other than a dusting and some severe winds, it was a disappointment. The farmer's almanac is forecasting the worst storm yet for the 7th of March so here's hoping!

After some miserable days at work I'm so regretting not getting the new job just so I would have had a chance to get away from the drama that I have to live with while working with other "women." I've always hated it! Dueling drama queens! That's what I'm surrounded by. A new assistant manager has come to replace the one that went bipolar on us. He's in his nesting phase so he is trying to make everything his "own." New way of doing everything. He sure is shaking up our area and spurring on the drama queens. One is my department head so she's determined to make all our lives miserable in the process. Oh well! I can retire in just over 19 years so surely I can hang in there for that.

No comments: