Friday, February 26, 2010

No new job for me

I didn't get the new job which of course is what I expected. They played games with me so they could have their quota of interviews and then they placed who they originally wanted in the job. I'm too old to worry about it and I just want to get through the next 20 years of working so I can maybe retire at 80.




I finished "The Rose Labyrinth" by Titania Hardie. I found this one on our New England venture last summer and it looked interesting. Came with clues to solve the riddle and everything. Well, I'm not much for riddles so there were parts of the book that left me with major areas that I wished I could just skip. The story line was interesting but way too complicated trying to follow the background. An English woman passes away and her heritage is that she's to pass on to a female member of her family some papers, a Bible, and a legend. She has no daughters so she picks her youngest son who is a freelance journalist. He gets hooked into searching for the background. A religious fanatic group apparently wants the same information and is willing to do what it takes to get it. Just another author trying to come up with another kind of DaVinci Code type novel.

No comments: