Friday, March 19, 2010

Replenishing my stash



I got a shipment of books from Amazon and I'm feeling good about it. Finished Harlan Coben's "Just One Look." Very good read! He's definitely up there with my favorites. This one was about a woman who 15 years ago had suffered a terrible accident at a rock concert that left her with a limp and no memory of that time other than what she read and was told. She married a wonderful man and had two children since then but suddenly her world is turned upside down with a photo of her husband and 4 other people from many years ago. When she confronts him, he disappears from the house and does not return. Kidnapping, murder and intrigue are all included in this great novel.

Went to the doctor yesterday. I got an EKG while there; I'm scheduled for a stress test, a visit with an Ear, Nose and Throat Doctor, an endoscope, a colonoscopy and blood work. Gee! The works! Guess you shouldn't mention to your doctor that you're having shortness of breath and chest pains. The other things are just follow ups from the stomach polyps from years ago.

Having dinner with my old friend from Michigan tonight. I had all day today to spend with her but somehow we're just doing dinner. Left me time to fight with AT&T over my internet connection. I had difficulty recently with a credit card and the possibility of fraud so they cancelled it and replaced it. Unfortunately my internet was automatically paid for with that card so I got an email telling me that I needed to contact them with a new credit card number by the end of the week (today). I started with the number they sent and that was the mid-west who transferred me to New England, then to Texas, then the south. I then was given what I was assured was the correct number which put me on hold automatically for at least 60 minutes and ended up being 2 hours of Kenny G music. This happened many times over the last few days with no one answering. Last night I lost internet connection so I called tech support. "Hello India!" Four more calls and I was given another number to try for my billing and never did get reconnected to the internet. After three more attempts this morning and another hour and a half of Kenny G, I got a real live person who informed me that he wasn't the person I needed to talk to. He transferred me once again and this person actually (all India, all the time) was able to get the bill straightened out. Back to tech support and I need to thank "Glenn" for his knowledge in getting me back on line. I will never listen to Kenny G again and as for AT&T, you definitely are not the company you used to be and I'm sorry to have to deal with you. If I weren't fond of my email address and the fact that I have had it for 14 years I would have dumped them through this whole fiasco.

1 comment:

Geoff said...

"shortness of breath and chest paints"? When did this start?