Monday, March 15, 2010

More sequels



This is the sixth book by Lauren Willig in her sequels. "The Betrayal of the Blood Lily" was interesting but she has to be running out of spies from the late 1700's to 1800's. This one was set in India where one of her characters from a previous novel (that's what she always does) is involved in a plot to uncover a French spy. Being English, that is the most important thing to do. Each of these spies is named after a flower and this time they caught "the Marigold." I have know idea why the title is Blood Lily! Oh well! It's a cute book with a cute story, set in a time that I enjoy reading about. Since I've invested time in reading all the others then I will continue to read the rest.

Looking forward to a visit this week from my friend from Michigan. We only get to see each other once a year and this is the week. This is the first time I've had to work most of her visit and that won't be good but unfortunately she didn't give me ample notice so that I could request time off. She's the one friend that I can be almost certain that I'll have an email from at least several times a week if not several times a day.

No comments: