Sunday, May 2, 2010

More health issues



Finished the book "This Body of Death" by Elizabeth George. One of her best and I've read them all (the Inspector Lynley Series). This time they are trying to fill the spot left open when Lynley left on compassionate leave after his wife's murder. They've put a woman in the spot and her first assignment is to find the murderer of a woman found in a park/cemetery in London. She shows up at Lynley's door to beg him to come back as part of the team and he apparently is ready to do so. His former partner (Barbara Haver) and other co-worker are sent to another area of England to do some background on the dead woman's exboyfriend and family. Lots of suspects to choose from and the new acting superintendent is all over the place in her decisions as to who did it and why. Lynley discovers her drinking problem early on and confronts her with it. She denies she's an alcoholic but it's obvious that she is since she can't make it through the day without several of her airline size bottles of vodka that she keeps in her purse. I'm sure we'll see her character again in the next novel. Elizabeth George kept me guessing till the end which one of the characters was the murderer and she had a great twist at the end.

I got a letter concerning my stress test and apparently my heart is within "normal range." Whatever that means. Now my latest issue is a very sharp abdominal pain that won't go away. Been having it since last Thurs. Got so bad yesterday that they actually told me to leave work since I couldn't move very well and walking was difficult. I wasn't too happy with the supervisor for mentioning it to the boss. I've never called off sick before and resent someone making that decision for me. I noticed they didn't ask me to leave until they were sure there was coverage on the desk to replace me. I was scheduled for my sleep apnea test at the hospital on Monday night but I'm cancelling that. Hubby says that I'm not snoring anymore since I've been using the Nasonex and I don't think I want to live the rest of my life hooked up to a breathing machine at night. I'm sure that's what would happen. I can't wear the boot contraption for my heel spur without feeling claustrophobic so how could I wear a mask. I'm a mouth breather so what would a nose mask do to help me?

No comments: