Monday, July 19, 2010

Back to the hospital

I finally get a day off and had to spend it having an endoscopy done. I'm really fed up with having to do these health things. Still have the female things to go but I've racked up the stress test, colonoscopy, endoscopy and the surprise broken ankle so far in the last couple months. I knew I had a polyup in my stomach. I named him Ernie. Apparently Ernie grew and was twice the size he was 3 years ago so the doctor took him out. He'll be byopsied and I'll find out next week what the results are. He also found an ulcer. WOW! That was a surprise. He biopsied that, too.

I did finish my latest book. Tana French wrote another excellent novel. "Faithful Place" was very well written and kept my interest throughout. Based in Ireland, the main character is a cop who left his family 22 years before and didn't look back. He had the "Angela's Ashes" kind of existance and was glad to be done with it. The events of the story took him back to his neighborhood and back into the unwelcoming arms of his family. What he discovered was an even greater reason to walk away from the "family."

No comments: