Friday, September 24, 2010

Finally

I finally finished "The Machiavelli Covenant" by Allan Folsom. It was a good read but I've been working 9 straight openings at work which means that I can't stay up as late and read like I want. I try to read at lunch at work but the breakroom is so noisy and distracting. Anyway, this is one of several of Folsom's books and I think I detect another sequel situation and I might have to check into his first and last books to pull the story together. Felt a little confused by some parts since I didn't read the first one. All in all it was interesting with a plot to overthrow Germany and France's leaders through assignation and then replace them with people that were more in line with the US's thinking. The president was shocked by this proclamation coming from his own staff and in fear for his own life and the country's survival, he planned his escape. Along the way he befriended another US former cop and they try to find the group that is planning the destruction of parts of the mid-East and the takeover of the US government. The story left you hanging so it's obvious there is more to come.

My brother is visiting and in the week he's been here we have gone to his 45 class reunion where I was amazed by all the "old" people that attended. Scary! Also, he's spent the rest of the week in my basement creating a workshop for me. Nothing fancy but I now have tons of outlets to plug in all the items I need to do stained glass work and any other craft I want to take on. Plenty of light in the area, also. I'm officially on vacation for the next 6 days and we were hoping to go fishing but can't get a time when hubby can join us so we're taking some day trips to visit some elderly relatives and maybe a day or two at the local lake. Neither one of us is ready for any long treks over rough terrain with my newly healed (?) ankle and his not so healed broken foot.

No comments: