Saturday, December 18, 2010

Freebie

Read another H. Rider Haggard. This one was a sequel to "She." It was "Ayesha, the Return of She." This time we left Africa and ended up in India in Leo's and Holly's search for Ayesha. It's been about 18 years since she was killed (or at least that is what they thought) and they've been on their quest ever since. Leo has a dream and in it he sees a mountain with a light and it leads them to India and another long dangerous journey. Interesting read and the end of the mystery of She, I think. This one was not in my 1001 books to read before I die but like his others it was free on Kindle.

Almost finished with the Christmas shopping. Waiting for deliveries from the online purchases to come rolling in. Hopefully they will all arrive safe and sound. A trip to the toy store for the great grandchildren was an experience I haven't had in while. I'm finishing my second day of work out of seven straight and only getting Thursday off this week before Christmas. I'll be doing my last minute cleaning and cooking since I'm working Christmas eve. Crappy retail hours!

No comments: