Wednesday, February 9, 2011

#19

I finished Lauren Willig's "The Orchid Affair." It's another sequel to her series on the spies of the early 1800's in England and France. This one took us to France with a young woman known as Laura who was to become Silver Orchid. Her contact is the Pink Carnation. She is to be governess in the home of the Minister of Police and get what information she can about the return of the prince to France to take his rightful place on the throne. Always an interesting read.

My old job opened up for me on Monday when they fired the girl who replaced me. She pushed their buttons one too many times and out the door she went. Now we will pay her unemployment while she sits at home and the rest of us work. Supposedly I will get the training in the bookkeeping department before I take up my old position.

No comments: