Wednesday, February 16, 2011

#20

I thought it would take me forever to read James Patterson's "Tick Tock." Not that it wasn't good, I just couldn't find the time to read. Being back at the old job doesn't allow for reading and then when I go on lunch it's so difficult to find a quiet place that I have to wait till evening and then I'm too tired to pick up the book. Patterson is a two day read at most and this was about a week. This book featured his latest character, Michael Bennett, NYC Detective. He's widowed and has ten adopted children. His grandfather, who is now a Catholic priest and a nanny, are helping him raise his gang. He's called in to find a bomber/killer that has been attacking what appears to be randomly in New York. Ends up that it's a killer with a motive and he's not killing at random but he has an agenda. His final victim is to be Michael.

I'm looking forward to next week when I get trained to help in bookkeeping and I'll be back for a few hours a day at my desk job. Might get to sneak in a book or two while I'm there.

No comments: