Sunday, April 10, 2011

#31

I feel like I've wasted good reading time in my quest to finish "The Land of Painted Caves" by Jean M. Auel. 751 pages was just way too much. The first part of the book was just a long drawn out trip to travel around viewing painted caves in an effort for the "One Who Serves" to bring her acolyte, Ayla, on a spiritual journey as part of her training to become a Zelandonia. Auel's earlier books were much better and the fact that it takes her so long to publish new books in this series is just getting ridiculous. What she started in the early 80's is now just dragging on and on. She should have wrapped up the series in this book and given it an ending.

I got my weekend off after working those long 9 days. Had a nice, but too short, lunch with my son and today I'm having lunch with my daughter and grandchildren. Sure is nice to have some family time!! Now I get to tackle my favorite author, Elizabeth Berg.

No comments: