Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

Have gotten away from reading for a bit. Reopened my ancestry.com account to see if there were any new limbs on my tree. Found that a cousin has put some of the family on there with pictures. I'm sitting on a treasure trove of old pics so I decided to upload as many as I can to put names with faces for future searchers. I've accomplished quite a bit. Still have some great aunts and uncles on my mom's side but pretty much done on my dad's. Need to do some scanning to finish up. All the information shows up for me when I go online but the other searchers will only be able to access the dead. Not the living. I guess they assume if there's no death date and you're over a 100 then your info is fair game. I've got some pretty scary looking relatives! Those old broads at the turn of the century are mean looking! Guess if you didn't have teeth or Hershey's chocolate, you'd be mean looking too. Anyway, a couple more weeks of snooping around through the generations should satisfy my sudden craving. Plus, it isn't cheap!

The house is filled with the smell of turkey and oyster stuffing. That's my contribution to today's feast at my daughter's house. She's having a big friends and family bash. She's making everything else except desserts. That's to be brought be the in-laws. Seems funny not to be cooking it all but she's taken over and I'm grateful.

No comments: