Friday, November 4, 2011

#81

After five days without power and a night in a motel, we finally got power back. Since my Grisham novel was locked in my locker at work and I finished the last book, I grabbed another off my pile that I picked up either in NYC or Borders and got hooked on it. Antoinette van Heugten's "Saving Max" is a great read. It was as good as a Grisham novel with great twists and turns. I figured out pretty early in the novel who done it and why but that was okay. It was a great read. Max is a 15 year old autistic child whose mother is a lawyer in NYC. She's trying to do what is best for him and that is to have him checked out at the best pychiatric clinic in the country. That would be Maitland in the mid west. She jeopardizes her job to take him there and suddenly they are both involved in a battle to save Max's life. Now I must read the Grisham novel before I forget what I've already read.

No comments: