Sunday, November 4, 2007

Day 4

It took a long time to finish the lastest book by Elizabeth Berg (What We Keep). Not that it wasn't good; just had a lot of interruptions. I just finished it and like it. Not quite as much as her others, but still good. Basically about a woman who flashes back from present day to her youth when she and her sister were in their pre and early teens and what their lives were like and how it all changed when their mother decided to "find herself" some where other than with them and their father. The estrangement was deep and left them adrift for 35 years before illness brought them together again to mend.

We've been celebrating my husband's birthday for a few days now. There was the actual birthday with a real estate showing scheduled to interrupt our evening but we made up for it by going out to dinner which wasn't planned. The next day we went to Baltimore to have lunch with my son and his wife at the Rusty Scuper on the Harbor. Hadn't been there in 20 years. Always fun being with them and having good conversation instead of just reading his "blog." Tonight we're having dinner with my daugther and her family and my oldest stepson who is joining us. One thing is for sure; no weight is lost this week!

Cannot believe it's time to start planning for Thanksgiving dinner and having to clean for the big event. Then to roll right into Christmas. I just want it over! When did it go from being fun to such a chore. You spend days cooking and baking and the meals over in minutes. Then you spend a ton of money and time getting ready for Christmas and it, too, is over in minutes. You can't even remember what you gave or got a month or so later. I'm starting to see the benefit of taking those vacations over the holidays and coming back with a hint of guilt for not being there! I can handle guilt!

Forgot to turn the clocks back last night. First time ever! Poor hubby got up an hour early for his part time job and then took a nap before he left. Hopefully it was beneficial. I didn't realize it until an hour after he was up and I looked at the "atomic" clock that had changed itself. Glad it wasn't the time of year you set it forward of he would have been in real trouble. Now I've been up for almost 4 hours and it's not even 9:00. Maybe I should consider a nap!

2 comments:

Geoff said...

The meal is over in minutes, but we all get to hang out for a few hours at least.

I can't believe you forgot to turn back your clocks. I always do mine a day early.

fernie said...

I know! It's not like me to forget the clocks.