Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Nicholas and Alexandra

I read Steve Berry's "The Romanov Prophecy" and it took a little while to get into it but it caught hold and became a page turner. He put a new twist on the deaths of Nicholas II and his family. There's always been speculation that one of his daughters survived and this book took it to another level. Modern day Russia has decided to return to having a Monarch and there's a push to find a blood line connection to the Romanov's. Of course there's the few evil men that are going to control the "selected member." An American lawyer has been working on finding out about survivors in the hope of getting the "selected member" through without consequence not knowing he's about to uncover information that leads to the survival of two of the original Tsar Nicholas II's children. All were thought to have been killed and buried together in 1918. Finding out that Alexei and Anastasia might have survived leads the lawyer on a world wide search to find the missing heirs.

Apparently the struggle with the Christmas tree several weeks ago did more damage to my body than I originally knew about. I've been suffering with shoulder and neck pain for several weeks and have been to see the doctor twice. It's gotten worse and has now spread down my back and into my legs. I had an x-ray but all it showed was that there is degenerative disk disease which I've known about and now it's necessary to have an MRI to see if something else is causing the pain. The pain pills and muscle relaxers aren't doing a thing and now the doctor wants to add an anti-inflammatory medication. I'm already drugged to grogginess with the first two and can't imagine the addition of another pill. I'll be sleeping round the clock. My thanks go out to our oldest son who was nice enough to show up and help with the removal of the tree. It may never get planted in the ground but at least it's out of the house. With the mild weather we're having it's probably going to get new growth soon.

No comments: