Saturday, February 16, 2008

Madame Bovary

Well, I finished this classic and I'm at a loss for words. My son was just saying yesterday, that he liked it but he had read it in French. He's such a show off! Anyway, I think I would have liked it better if I'd read the French version. That way I would have recognized maybe one out of every hundred words and wouldn't have been so thoroughly bored by it. Absolutely hated it! Maybe it's because I read it though my health crisis but I don't think so. Anyway, I won't even go into details since I didn't think it was worth while.

Now that I've absorbed all the things to not be doing after this surgery, I've become paranoid about what I have already done. I was concerned my pillow was too high last night and that if I moved my head it would damage the bone grafting because I'd put the wrong pressure on my neck. All I know is that I stared at the ceiling for a long time before going to sleep and when I did wake up this morning I have a very stiff neck. If you can't lift your hands above your head, then being 5 foot 4 1/2 inches (guess I could be shorter now) puts me at a disadvantage when I need to get something off the 2nd shelf in the kitchen cabinets. Even the microwave is borderline. Brushing and washing my hair is suddenly a concern. I'll be a basket case soon or maybe I already am.

No comments: