Monday, March 3, 2008

Book II

I finished "The Masque of the Black Tulip" by Lauren Willig. It was a sequel to "The Secret History of the Pink Carnation." It's been a little while since I read the first and there are four books now. I will probably try to read the other two fairly soon so I don't forget what happened like I did with the first one. The setting was 1803 and it was during the Napoleon days. Set in England it went from current times to flashes back in history. A modern day graduate student, Eloise, achieved the academic coup of the centruy when she unmasked one of history's greatest spies, the Pink Carnation, who save England from Napoleon. But now she has a million questions about the Carnation's deadly French nemesis, the Black Tulip. She is granted access to private documents that lead her to these secrets. Even though I know that there were no such spies it was a fun read. The next one is "The Deception of the Emerald Ring." I'll read that one until I get Jodi Picoult's "Change of Heart" which comes out tomorrow.

No comments: