Sunday, April 6, 2008

Goodbye Ben Hur

I was very saddened today, when I heard of the loss of Charlton Heston. Oh, I loved that man! He was the star of the first movie I ever saw. I remember the excitement of going to the theatre to see "Ben Hur" so so so many years ago. I think I was 12 at the time. The only reason I was allowed to go to that was that it was a religious based movie so the parents took us. What a movie and what a man! I enjoyed the movies that I saw him in and always thought he was special. Wasn't hard to look at either!

Slacking in my reading lately. I made the mistake of picking up some knitting needles and therefore I'm clicking away with them making some items that will end up in the closet with so many others. I should probably just haul them to a nursing home and tuck them around some dear old soul. Found some interesting patterns that looked like a challenge so I was tempted. Also, they new yarns are so fascinating (and expensive). I'll have to give it up soon since it's hot to work with in the summer.

1 comment:

Geoff said...

I was sad too. I grew up watching his movies "The Planet of the Apes" and "Omega Man." I also liked him in "A Touch of Evil" with Orson Welles, and in "Hamlet" with Mel Gibson.