Friday, May 16, 2008

Alice Sebold.........."The Almost Moon"

I was given this book as a gift. I received it on the day before Mother's Day but it was really a Christmas gift that got misplaced and finally surfaced. I think I'd prefer that it had stayed lost. I'm having trouble even trying to explain the story. In the first chapter the Daughter kills her Mother. Okay, Mom suffered from agoraphobia most of her life and was now having some dementia. She was 88 and her daughter (main character) was in charge of her care. After smothering her Mother the Daughter decides to bath her and then take the naked body to the basement and just let her lying there. It just gets stranger from there on. I'm ready to read something else. A murder mystery might lighten my mood after this one.

No comments: