Monday, October 13, 2008

Ha ha Oprah

I was checking out "O at Home" magazine on a break today. She shows her library in her California home. All her first editions and such. Actually has a guy who works full time at getting her first editions or signed copies. I wasn't impressed! There was mention that she had another bookshelf in the hallway and more in the powder room. (Hadn't thought of expanding in there but I'm sure my extra bath would not be big enough for bookshelves.) No softcover books on her shelves. All of her Oprah Book Club picks are softcover. When she weeds out her books she sends them to women shelters or prisons. Weed out books! How can you get rid of books. That's like amputation of a limb. She said that she was going to throw them out but found she couldn't do that and dug them out of the garbage and donated them. Anyway, couldn't she just put them in one of her many other houses? Her artwork limited her shelf space. Gee, I have that same problem! I would love to have a library and be surrounded by my treasures but it would have to be one like they have in those castles in Europe. Two storied with ladders that roll around to reach the uppermost shelves. I used to like Oprah but that was in her Baltimore days when she was one of the masses. What is the attraction! No, I'm not jealous of her billions......well, maybe at little!

No comments: