Monday, January 19, 2009

Ho hum!

I was having a sleep in. Both hubby and I were off today and then the phone rang. A co-worker from another department called to see if I could cover two hours of his shift today. I thought that just two hours was a waste of time but it was a chance to get out on the floor and spend a little time exploring the other places that surround my world. Nice person that I am (after all I got an award for being nice) I said that I'd cover his shift. He said there wouldn't be a problem since his supervisor was there if I needed him. I showed up to find my supervisor in a tizzy because I was called in to work another department. She was not pleased! I checked with HR and they said it was okay but the other worker hadn't followed procedure to get me to work for him. I went to the department and was there 15 minutes or so before the supervisor showed up. He immediately got called into a consult with two customers and I wandered around becoming familiar with the area. Oh boy, the inevitable happened. A customer wanted something done that I was not trained to do. Panic! I interrupted the supervisor and he said that he was busy and find someone else. The only other option was another supervisor in another department but I passed her with blood dripping down her hand. Suddenly the phone on my hip is ringing and the hated assistant manager was calling me to help the customers that I was trying to find help for. He went in search of the supervisor to ask his assistance but of course he couldn't leave the customers that he had. I was ready to get out my tap shoes and black hat when the blood dripping worker showed up to help me and show me what to do. God bless her bleeding body! That will teach me to be a nice person and volunteer to drive 30 miles to help out for two hours. I was watching to clock praying to get out of there before any more problems showed up. Sure enough, here comes the customer who wants to place an order. I told her that the gentleman in the next section could help her when he was done with his current customers and I raced to the time clock and rushed out the door. Wouldn't be a bad area to work in if someone would have been available to give me some tips on what to do. I should have just wandered the area avoiding anyone that was there. At least I know where some more things are that I can now tell people how to find. I volunteered to help another co-worker for Friday but I should be okay with that area. I've got a little expertise in that department.

Tiny bit of snow! Still hoping for a blizzard!

No comments: